Notice: I’m suspending review requests until further notice. Please consult The IndieView for other blogger-reviewers. 2016-05-16
Indie Short Story Authors of the World, Unite!
Okay, that one admittedly never made it across the bumper sticker exec’s desk. However, if you are another short story indie author like me, or a loose variation thereof, I’d love to make your digital acquaintance, and I’d be happy to read and review your work. Inspired by the newly discovered IndieView, I am getting into the critic business (ahem, in the free of charge, pro bono, community-minded sense of the word). Review the guidelines below, and if you feel your work meets them, please submit.
- Short Story: Please use 1,200 – 12,000 words as a general guideline for length.
- Prose: I don’t have a great “eye” for poetry, song lyrics, screenplays, or graphic novels.
- Literary: I tend to read contemporary literature more than genre or mass market fiction.
- Standalone: Completely disassociated from other novels, series, universes, or fan fiction.
- Indie: a.k.a. self-published, undiscovered, emerging author, do-it-yourself.
- MOBI: My eReader of choice is the Kindle, but I accept EPUB or PDF as well.
- I will acknowledge receipt of every submission, whether I intend to read it or not.
- This acknowledgement is not a guarantee that I will read and review your story.
- If I read your story, I will post my review on my blog and Goodreads, positive or not.
- With your permission, I will re-post my review on up to 5 web outlets of your choice.
- I charge no fee.
- I will not review your work in exchange for you reviewing mine, or vice versa.
- Short story collections are okay, just please notate that when you submit.
If all this sounds peachy, please upload your story in PDF, EPUB, or MOBI form below. Please include your name and email address. If your story moves me to tears and I have no way to contact you, well, we will both feel that heartache…